More Information in different languages
More Information about gambling and gambling addiction in different languages
To complement the information in German on our website you will find here links to various information leaflets written in English provided by organisations both in Switzerland and in other countries.
Please note that some of the information only applies to the country in which the leaflet was produced e.g. information on the legal situation. Furthermore you will not normally be able to claim assistance from outside the relevant country.
Information for gamblers:
- Online help for problem gamblers: www.gamblingtherapy.org (in 30 languages)
- Problem Gambling – The issues, the options (Center for Addiction and Mental Health/Centre de toxicomanie et de santé mentale, Toronto) www.problemgambling.ca
- Freedom from Problem Gambling, Self-help workbook (this workbook is NOT a substitute for professional help) (UCLA Gambling Studies Program) www.uclagamblingprogram.org
Institutions whose information is linked to this website:
Information for close friends or family:
- When gambling becomes a problem... Information for partners and relatives (Deutsche Hauptstelle für Suchtfragen DHS) www.dhs.de
- A Player amongst Your Friends or Family? (Centre du jeu excessif, Centre hospitalier universitaire vaudois chuv) www.jeu-excessif.ch
- Problem Gambling – A guide for families (Center for Addiction and Mental Health/Centre de toxicomanie et de santé mentale, Toronto) www.problemgambling.ca
- Information and online support for friends and family: www.gamblingtherapy.org (30 languages)
All this information was carefully selected. However those responsible for this website www.sos-spielsucht.ch cannot guarantee that the information provided is accurate, complete or up to date.